Thursday, May 19, 2011

Evening Wedding Cupcakes/ Toppers

This week a friend got married.  A few of us pulled together a cupcake bar in lieu of a formal wedding cake.  The bride and groom are young and were going the route of simple and what's in style.  I was so excited to help.

I was inspired by this flavor combination...
Who makes these flavors up?  So delicious.  I made these cupcakes for a scrapbook retreat a few months back and they turned out outrageous.  I thought they would be great for a spring wedding.  So I made fresh tasting lemon cupcakes (white cake mix as directed using these additions -> (made with milk instead of water) + zest of two lemons + lemon extract or pure lemon essential food grade oil +  1 box vanilla or lemon instant pudding (dry)).  Bake as directed, then cool completely.  I then filled the cupcakes with red raspberry preserves.  I used my classic butter cream frosting with zest of two lemons added + 1 tsp. vanilla &  1 tsp. lemon extracts.  To put these cupcakes over the top, I added pale yellow sugar dusting the top and pieces of this amazing chocolate bar (shown above) in each cupcake.  I just know they will be great for this beautiful occasion!





The toppers were made using Stampin' Up punches.  The scallop punch for the designer paper, the solid color is from a 1 3/8" circle punch, and the photos/dates were punched with a 1 1/4" circle punch for a great layered effect.  These will be used for the other cupcakes and other hor'duerves that will be served.  Toppers make food personalized and so much fun!

What are your favorite flavor combinations you enjoy in a cupcake??  Comment below!

**CHOXIE brand candy is by Target.  Located in the regular candy aisle :)


Uploaded to Sunday Showcase, Something Swanky, and Tatertots & Jello Weekend Wrap-Up!

2 comments:

  1. My favorite flavor combination for cupcakes= ANYTHING! :) A big hunk of chocolate on top doesn't hurt, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I never met a cupcake I didn't like! These look delicious and I'm a fan of anything lemon. So refreshing. I'm a new follower and came over from Sunday Showcase. You have a very fun blog...come visit me if you have time. There are a few recipes but mostly home and garden. Have a great week! ~Ann

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post.